MI Flash tool is a utility that allows you to install MIUI rom on your Xiaomi phone. There are instances When You soft bricked your Android phone such as trying to root your phone or installing a custom recovery or flashing custom ROM. So when that happens you may want to get back to the stable or developer MI UI ROM, since the recovery ROM isn’t the best way to fresh installing MI UI 9 on your xiaomi device.
Here comes the fastboot ROM that Xiaomi provides on their website so you can easily grab them and flash it to your phone using the MI Flash tool. This is a comprehensive guide which will help you to download MI Flash tool as well as proper guidance so you can revert back to MIUI without any problem.
Download MIFlashTool 7.4.25 and Beta Version
- [Latest] Download MIFlashtool 7.4.25: Download
- Download MIflashTool 7.4.30 version: Download (46MB)
- [Beta] XiaoMI Flash Tool: Automated tool: Get it here
Instructions to Use MI Flash Tol
- Once you downloaded double click on the installer and install it on your computer.
- Open the MI Flash tool and click on the choose file option to navigate to the fastboot ROM source. Please note that the fastboot ROM should be unzipped, you can download fastboot Rom from the MI website which will basically in the (.tgz) format, you should use an archive manager like 74 min Arya to extract the fastboot ROM.
- Boot your phone into fastboot mode by pressing the power key and volume down key together, you will know when your phone is in fastboot mode as Android robot will show on your phone.
- From the MI Flash tool click on the refresh button to check if your phone is correctly connected to the computer. You need to connect your phone to the computer through USB cable while this fastboot mode is on.
- The flash button and the process will start, installing a fast boot ROM on a redmi note for devices to around 300 seconds which loosely translate to 5 minutes, so a little patience here is necessary when the process is done phone will automatically restart and will to another couple of minutes to finalize the ROM.